Thursday, June 7, 2012

Swatch and review: Revlon Kissable Just Bitten Balm Stains in Adore and Romantic

Hey, look who's back! I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as frequently as I had hoped. Stupid life--all gettin in the way of blogging and shizz...

Today I have 2 more swatches of 2 more Revlon Kissable Just Bitten Balm Stains (that's one hell of a long product name, isn't it?)...in Romantic and Adore.

Romantic on top, Adore on bottom...

Adore left, Romantic right

Romantic Top, Adore bottom

Romantic

Adore

For the record:  my camera insists on making Romantic and Adore look the same on my lips. In person there is definitely a difference!!

Romantic is a warm tomato red. It's very subtle. I'm not usually a fan of warm reds (I'm a blue-based red kinda girl) but I love the flush of color this gives me. My lips are fairly pigmented on their own and this shade just kicks that natural pigmentation up a few notches. 

Adore is another warm red--this one has more brown in it, though. It also has gold shimmer in it, as you can see in the tip shot above. However, that gold shimmer is not very noticeable once on the lips--you just get the slightest gold sheen. I was kinda bummed about that, but that's because I'm a glitter whore and love da shiny things. If you are less inclined to slather your face in sparkles than I am, you'll probably love the effect. 

The formula in these was the same as the other balm stains I reviewed (which you can see here and here--same awesome moisturizing properties, same lush feel on the lips, same shine, same pigmentation, same stainability, same ease of application, same minty hint....I am most definitely a HUGE fan. In fact, these babies are seriously threatening my lip butters' spot as "most favoritest lippie ever"...

So have you gotten any of these yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line any time! I love hearing from my peeps....but please refrain from spamming my posts with links to your blog. I am ALWAYS happy to add your blog to my blogroll if you just send the link and a request to be added to glamonthecheap@yahoo.com. Thanks! :)